FOLLICULAR UNIT EXTRACTION (FUE) HAIR IMPLANTATION
What is FUE?
“F.U.E.” or “Follicular-Unit Extraction” is an advanced, minimally-invasive hair transplant method which allows for the harvesting of individual follicles from the donor area without a scalpel incision or the necessary stitches, and therefore leaves no linear scar. From a surgical standpoint, it is a very safe, non invasive, relatively minor procedure.
Traditionally, FUE procedure is done with the practitioner extracting each graft (follicular unit) from the donor area using a cylindrical punch and reimplants it directly into the recipient area with an implanter or a tweezer.
Although FUE transplant is the most beneficial for the patient, many hair restoration doctors choose not to offer the FUE procedure. This is because when done traditionally, that is, manually, it is very tedious and takes a large amount of time to perform and thus is very tiring, especially for the practitioner's eyes. The longer time taken also increases the cost for the patient.
Omnigraft Automated FUE vs Traditional FUE
In the traditional F.U.E. technique, which is the done manually, the slicing tool usually penetrates up to the top of the bulb, which greatly increases the risk of transection if the angle of penetration is not perfectly within the axis of the hair. The practitioner then pulls out the graft, most often with a tweezer, which also traumatises it or leaves the bulb in the skin. In fact, a loss of more than 15 to 20% of the grafted hair can occur, which is unacceptable to a patient who is already losing a lot of hair!
The Omnigraft FUE system is a new automated hair transplant system which facilitates the harvesting of hair follicles during an Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant, dramatically improving the accuracy and speed over previously used manual extraction instruments.
This system surpasses the traditional FUE method in many ways by providing solutions for the short comings of traditional FUE while maintaining its advantages.
The automated phases of graft extraction and reimplantation provides optimum graft quality with low transection percentage, and an enormous savings in time, less trauma to the grafts during the phases of extraction, storage and reimplantation, ensuring perfect quality of hair regrowth and an optimum aesthetic outcome.
More Benefits of Automated FUE
- no risk of rejection since the donor and the recipient site are from the same person.
- painless with the use of simple local anaesthesia
- causes little bleeding, no deep stitches
- does not require dressings after the procedure
- low to no risk of infection or complications
- extremely fast and practically invisible healing in the days following the procedure
- allows several procedures without causing damages to the donor area
- provides the possibility of short "a la carte" sessions, patient can opt for shorter session to be done in a day and continue at different day
- Omnigraft system greatly reduces the operating time as compare with traditional method, thus provides savings on the costing